Welcome, celebrity fans everywhere, to The Hollywood Gossip on this second day of the New Year. Below, we take a look back at the past week in gossip.
Some highlights from the last seven days in celebrity news:
- In the week's top scandal, Charlie Sheen made death threats and assaulted Brooke Mueller ... at least that's the word on the street. It's hard to say where this leaves the couple, although both apparently want to reconcile.
- Tiger Woods' whereabouts are still unknown. He was said to have partied with Rachel Uchitel (which she denied). Another rumor has Tiger holed up and recovering from plastic surgery after having his face broken by Elin.
- Jon Gosselin's turbulent life took a new, unexpected twist when his apartment was allegedly trashed by a knife-wielding maniac. Hailey Glassman, the prime suspect, denies any vandalism. Her lawyer says she was framed.
Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller had a violent holiday altercation.
- Sorry, 'tweens ... the Jonas Brothers may be breaking up soon.
- Best tabloid tale of the week: Angelina Jolie's cheating on Brad!
- PETA honored Ellen DeGeneres. She rules! Them? Not so much.
- Legal long shot: David Letterman extortionist's Tiger defense.
- John Edwards' wife wants to call a truce with Rielle Hunter.
- Rush Limbaugh was hospitalized after an apparent heart attack.
Taylor Lautner and Taylor Swift seemed like the perfect couple ... for about a week. Fortunately for Lautner, he and his co-stars won our Celebrity of the Year honors!
- In baby news, Chris Robinson had a little girl; Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart will have one; Kendra and Kourtney showcased photos of their sons.
- In couple news, Taylor squared is history; Johnathon Schaech and Jana Kramer are engaged; Russell Brand and Katy Perry might be tying the knot.
- The New Moon cast, collectively, won THG's third annual Celebrity of the Year honor. We also took a look back at some of the decade's top scandals.
- R.I.P.: Mythbusters' Erik Gates and Avenged Sevenfold rocker Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died too soon. Here's a little tribute to the celebrities who passed away in 2009. They are gone, but will never be forgotten!
Don't forget to follow THG on Twitter for all the latest Hollywood news, celebrity gossip, rumors, commentary and humor as it happens, 24/7/365.