Skip to Content

Earlier this week, Counting On fans were stunned by a report that Josh Duggar’s home had been raided by the FBI.

As more information became available, we learned that the details of the initial Internet report were inaccurate.

However, a new report suggests the Duggars may indeed have sparked the interest of a different federal agency.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar in Honduras
Photo via Instagram

According to local NBC affiliate KNWA, the United States Department of Homeland Security paid them a visit.

A spokesperson for Homeland Security Investigations has confirmed the agency’s presence at the so-called "Duggar compound" over the weekend.

“[I do not dispute the information that] HSI was present there [Duggar home] pursuant to an on-going federal criminal investigation," the spokesperson told the network.

UPDATE, ROUND 2: So Much Baby News!

So it was Jim Bob and Michelle’s home, and not Josh’s.

And it was Homeland Security, not the FBI.

But the central facts of the situation remain unchanged:

A federal agency paid an unannounced visit to Arkansas and one of the most famous families in the world of reality television.

Michelle Duggar and Jim Bob Duggar in Silver Dollar City

The plot thickened today when the Duggars issued a statement in which they denied the raid and insisted that they are not the subject of any sort of investigation:

"We were shocked to see a news report today state that our home was raided by federal law enforcement agencies."

"This is not true," a rep for the Duggars claimed.

Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar in South America
Photo via Instagram

"To the best of our knowledge, it’s also not true that any member of our family is the target of any investigation of any kind," the statement continued.

“Living a life in the public’s eye has taught us that it is best not to reply to every rumor and piece of ‘fake news’ that is circulated online."

“It would be a full-time job if we attempted to do so."

Jim Bob and Michelle at Unplanned
Photo via Instagram

The rep’s statement continued: "However, because of tonight’s media coverage we thought it is important to address this rumor with you."

"Thank you for the love and support that we can always count on in you our fans and friends.”

The Duggars noticeably stopped short of claiming that no one in their family has been accused of any legal wrongdoing.

Claiming that would be demonstrably untrue.

Josh and Anna Duggar: Expecting

As People reports, Josh Duggar has been “accused of fraud and is being sued for ‘quiet title’ and breaching a contract, according to court records."

He is scheduled for a three-day jury trial in April of 2020.

Of course, his problems go back a lot further than that.

The 2015 revelation that Josh molested five young girls was, for many Counting On fans, the first indication that all is not what it seems within the fundamentalist family.

Josh Duggar on Election Day
Photo via Instagram

It is unknown if the Homeland Security investigation has anything to do with Josh’s previous sex crimes, although that’s surely where a lot of people’s minds went.

Meanwhile, his younger brother Jedidiah Duggar is running for the Arkansas House of Representatives.

On Tuesday, the 20-year-old issued a statement distancing himself from the Homeland Security visit.

Jed Duggar
Photo via Instagram

“I don’t live there, and I am not aware of any investigation,” he told a local news outlet in response to the report.

This is strange and intriguing, to say the least.

We’ll have further updates on this developing story as more information becomes available on the ground.