With another season of The Bachelorette in the books, a new conspiracy theory has surfaced to blow our minds - and explain a lot of things.
Everything about the 11th season was ... off. Just off. All of it was hard to watch, and even harder to put our finger on why. Until now.
Glamour came up with this theory and while there are some holes - their timeline of events is suspect - it definitely got us thinking.
And questioning everything about the reality show. And humanity.
Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but honestly, The Bachelorette spoilers we posted all summer have nothing on this hypothesis.
Follow the above link for the full version, but here are the basics:
1. In San Antonio, Kaitlyn Bristowe tells Shawn Booth “the one.” This was very early on in the season, and the cast did not take it well.
2. Having apparently incentive to woo Kaitlyn, the guys silently and subtly revolt, not giving producers the effort and drama they need.
3. With Shawn high on life everybody else high on it, producers recall Nick Viall and Kaitlyn Bristowe sexting and tweeting this spring.
4. They ask Nick to come on the show and woo Kaitlyn, knowing he does like her (and doesn't dislike camera time or controversy).
5. Kaitlyn did feel attracted to Nick - this theory does not suggest she faked that - consistent with their pre-season online banter.
Producers gave Kait and Nick the opening to be alone and intimate, then made sure Shawn heard about this new romantic threat.
6. The other guys honestly don’t seem all that bothered by Nick, since they had no shot anyway; Shawn Booth, meanwhile, is livid.
7. Having settled on their new storyline, producers “scheduled” and shaped the Nick vs. Shawn feud and all interactions therein.
The guys stayed in separate residences - never before seen on the show - and were forced to hash out this beef for weeks.
8. The shot-callers hunkered down in Ireland for the bulk of the season to fuel the feud and in case the other guys fled en masse.
9. Hometown dates were flat-out CANCELED because NO1CURR except Shawn's family and Nick's family wouldn't host them.
10. The final rose ceremony was a phoned-in effort at the mansion to get it over with and/or so none of this drama would come out.
11. The now-infamous Kaitlyn Bristowe Snapchat video debacle was their way of flipping the bird at producers for f--king with them.
And there you have it. What do you think?
Doesn't speak well of the show if it's scripted to this degree ... obviously, editing for dramatic effect is expected, but this nonsense?
Yet, if anything, Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth may have seen their stock rise in terms of whether or not they'll last as a couple.
They fell in love so fast and unabashedly that the producers were left scrambling to make a compelling show when their was none?
Speaks well of them in an ironic way.
That is ... unless they're just faking their engagement to save face, as a separate conspiracy theory contends. Gotta love The Bachelorette!