Welcome, celebrity news fans, to The Hollywood Gossip and our Week in Review. Here, we take a look back at the top stories of the past seven days.
Some of the highlights (and lowlights) at THG from January 16-22 …
- Finally admitting what we’ve suspected for two years-plus, John Edwards publicly claimed paternity of the daughter of mistress Rielle Hunter. Not without trying to avoid it first, though. Dude supposedly wanted to fake a DNA test.
- Heidi Montag made news for two comically bad reasons in the same week. First, her awful album debuted to meager sales (that’s putting it kindly). Then the plastic surgery onslaught on her face continued to draw scrutiny.
- Jay Leno has officially ousted Conan O’Brien. Not a popular move.
- Stars continue to unite for Haiti, including in a planned telethon.
We already knew it, but Edwards’ admission was still the week’s #1 shocker.
- American Idol auditions rolled on … and a list of finalists was leaked. That was more shocking than anything on the season finale of Jersey Shore.
- The Bachelor continued to make headlines as well, first for a possibly pregnant Tenley Molzahn (she’s not), then possibly insane Michelle (she is).
- Obligatory Brangelina tabloid rumors: Angelina Jolie prepares for life without Brad, while Jennifer Aniston rocks a revenge body. Whatever that is.
- TMI Award of the Week: John Mayer, one-man pleasuring virtuoso.
- Worst Tweet of the Week: Scott Baio, re: Michelle Obama’s looks.
- Can’t Miss Performance of the Week: Adam Lambert on Oprah.
- Random Scandal of the Week: The teen mom’s mom assault.
Just when you thought you’d heard it all from Courtenay Semel.
- In sex tape news, Courtenay Semel says she and Casey Johnson made one. And it was a piece of art. We’re as confused as we are grossed out.
- A slew of reports placed Tiger Woods in Mississippi, seeking treatment for sex addiction in rehab. This was later confirmed by a reliable source.
- In breakup news, Chris Pine and Olivia Munn called it quits. Tiger and his scorned, estranged wife Elin Woods, however, miraculously have not!
- R.I.P.: NFL star Gaines Adams and Survivor star Jennifer Lyon.
Don’t forget to follow THG on Twitter for all the latest Hollywood news, celebrity gossip, rumors, commentary and humor as it happens, 24/7/365.