Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson says her ex-husband Charles Saatchi was bent on destroying her after a restaurant argument earlier this year went viral.
Testifying Wednesday in a fraud trial against two ex-assistants who once worked for her and former spouse, Nigella made the bombshell allegation.
"He said that if I didn't go back to him and clear his name he would destroy me," the 53-year-old Lawson told Isleworth Crown Court in West London.
Nigella Lawson struggled to maintain her composure on the stand as she described the period since her divorce as "a long summer of bullying and abuse."
She told lawyers that her ex, 70, a wealthy global advertising executive and media mogul, threatened her when she balked at appearing in court.
Describing Charles, who she alleges choked her in a restaurant, "Yes, he did have a temper and I don't think anyone can be in any doubt he had a temper."