Charles Saatchi, Nigella Lawson's husband, has announced he's divorcing the celebrity chef, expressing disappointment she failed to publicly defend him.
The fallout from their disturbing public fight - he allegedly choked Nigella Lawson in a restaurant June 9 - culminated in the demise of their marriage.
Saatchi, 70, an art collector and global ad agency co-founder, told The Mail (UK), "I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced."
"I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way."
Saatchi was interviewed by British police for five hours and received a formal police citation, called a caution, which means he admitted his actions.
The formal police caution formally ended the matter with police.
In his statement, Saatchi acknowledged, "I feel I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella," but also sought to once again downplay the fight.
"This is heartbreaking for both of us as our love was very deep, but in the last year we have become estranged and drifted apart," the statement said.
"The row photographed at Scott's restaurant could equally have been Nigella grasping my neck to hold my attention - as indeed she has done in the past."
He had been married to Lawson, 53, for more than 10 years.