Len Goodman is either a purist or an idiot, depending on your point of view.
The curmudgeonly judge not only did not care for the over-sexed samba from Nicole Scherzinger, he laid into Erin Andrews' routine as well - because it featured Maksim Chmerkovskiy shirtless! - and actually docked points for both!
With Kate Gosselin gone, the competition was in full swing, no pun intended, Monday. The hopefuls danced a Samba or Argentine Tango, followed by the collective Swing Dance Marathon, with a maximum of 40 points for the taking.
Len wasn't pleased with Maks' approach to the former.
"I'm fed up, Maks, with shirts coming off," said the disapproving judge, who didn't complain about Jake Pavelka in no pants last week, it's worth noting ...
Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Erin Andrews liven up Dancing with the Stars.
"I've given you a seven every week," Goodman said, basically admitting he's punishing Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy for their sexy routines, props and clothing choices. "You should be getting eights, nines and tens!"
Fortunately for the ESPN reporter, Bruno countered, "It's not her who choreographed the routine," and then gave Erin props for doing it "all the way through."
Carrie Ann thought Andrews "nailed it," adding that she personally "loved it." Tonioli and Inaba both awarded her nines, placing her squarely in second place!
Nicole shook off similar Len criticism to take first last night, while Evan Lysacek suffered a blow to the head in rehearsal and was clearly off the mark Monday.
His past dominance should carry him through, but we hope he returns to form. As for the rest, Chad and Pam made strong cases to stay, while Jake did not.
Last night's full scoreboard and lots of pics after the jump ...
- Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough (Samba) - Score: 26 (9,7,10). Swing Dance Score: 10. Total Score: 36.
- Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Samba) - Score: 25 (9,7,9). Swing Dance Score: 9. Total Score: 34.
- Chad Ochocino & Cheryl Burke (Argentine Tango) - Score: 24 (8,8,8). Swing Dance Score: 7. Total Score: 31.
- Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood (Argentine Tango) - Score: 22 (7,7,8). Swing Dance Score: 8. Total Score: 30.
- Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya (Samba) - Score: 21 (7,7,7). Swing Dance Score: 6. Total Score: 27.
- Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel (Argentine Tango) - Score: 21 (7,7,7). Swing Dance Score: 5. Total Score: 26.
- Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower (Samba) - Score: 21 (7,7,7). Swing Dance Score: 4. Total Score: 25.
As for who's going home, it may be the end of the reality TV road for Jake Pavelka. His dancing appears to have peaked, he's consistently overscored in our opinion, and he's found himself at the bottom this time around.
The stars are aligned for him to ride off into the sunset with Vienna Girardi. Niecy is also in danger tonight, and due to the nature of the voters, you never know about the outlook for Chad Ochocinco or Pamela Anderson.
Who do you think should be sent packing? Who were your favorites last night? Tell us, then click to enlarge some more photos from last night's show ...
Who are you pulling for on Dancing with the Stars?