Trevor Noah has been the next Daily Show host for about 17 minutes now.
And he's already facing his first scandal.
The South African has been a stand-up comedian for a number of years, giving folks plenty of ammunition from the past with which they can now attack him.
Since Comedy Central named Trevor Noah the replacement for Jon Stewart on Monday morning, Twitter users have been combing through his social media account in an attempt to better understand the future host.
And some are taking issue with jokes they believe to be sexist and/or anti-Semetic.
The following Tweets, for example, have placed Noah under fire:
- A hot white woman with ass is like a unicorn. Even if you do see one, you'll probably never get to ride it.
- I'm watching Olympic women's hockey. It's like lesbian porn. Without the porn. #InLove.
- Messi gets the ball and the real players try foul him, but Messi doesn't go down easy, just like jewish chicks.
- "Oh yeah the weekend. People are gonna get drunk & think that I'm sexy!" - fat chicks everywhere.
- Almost bumped a Jewish kid crossing the road. He didn't look b4 crossing but I still would hav felt so bad in my german car!
- Behind every successful Rap Billionaire is a double as rich Jewish man. #BeatsByDreidel!
Noah, of course, is not running for President of the United States.
He's a comedian who is about to head up a comedic television show - and most of these Tweets are over three years old.
Should he still be held accountable for them? Should they affect his standing as Daily Show host? Sound off now!