Miss New York Kira Kazantsev stood alone, having triumphed over some of the most awe-inspiring young women in the entire United States last night.
Taking home the Miss America tiara after showcasing her good looks, brains and an unexpected talent, the 23-year-old blonde beauty reigned.
Here are five fun facts about the super cool stunner from NYC:
1. She survived abuse, and is committed to domestic violence awareness. As a student at Hofstra University, Kazantsev found herself in an abusive relationship.
Given the NFL's recent handling of former Baltimore star Ray Rice knocking out Janay Palmer, the issue has never been more at the forefront of public debate.
"I want people to stop asking, 'Why doesn't she just leave?'" Kira Kazantsev, who works with the domestic violence advocacy group Safe Horizon, told NPR.
"Every woman is an expert in her own case, and there are just so many extenuating circumstances that lead to a woman staying with her abuser."
2. She is the American dream. The daughter of Russian immigrants who moved to the U.S. before she was born, she would one day represent New York.
She was raised all across the country, though, from San Francisco to San Antonio. "Living in different places gave me perspective on what matters most: people," she said.
3. Elle Woods has nothing on her. She hopes to become a lawyer to make "real change in the world," Kazantsev says, and she's not just talk:
She's already been accepted by Fordham University law school! Hey, if Megan Swanson wants to lawyer up after that Miss Nebraska crotch shot ...
4. She just made history. Kazantsev's win marks the third year in a row that Miss New York nabbed the crown, following Nina Davuluri and Mallory Hagan.
5. She's a regular Anna Kendrick. Or at least Anna Kendrick in Pitch Perfect, as Kazantsev showed she do a terrific version of her own cup song.
Check out her "Happy" performance from the talent portion ...