Skip to Content

Global soccer star Hope Solo wants to have the misdemeanor assault charges against her dismissed. Local law enforcement officials have other ideas.

She has been accused of drunkenly assaulting family members in an incident that resulted in a 911 call in which one claimed, “Hope Solo is going psychotic!”

That was June. In municipal court Monday, her lawyer asked for a new court date to file motions to dismiss the charges and to exclude evidence.

She was granted the new date, but faces an uphill battle to clear her name after being arrested for domestic violence. Solo’s next court date is November 4.

While she aims to have evidence (including hearsay) and the entire case dismissed, City of Kirkland lawyers listed 11 officers to testify as witnesses.

Solo was at the hearing and left hand in hand with her husband, former University of Washington and Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens.

Police reports claim that the 32-year-old’s family members had just let her back into their lives when she fought them early one morning this summer.


Responding officers to the 911 call heard shouting in the area and found a 17-year-old male with redness on one side of his face and wearing a torn T-shirt.

The teen also had a bleeding cut on the bottom of his left ear. He was crying and said, “we just let her back into our lives” and “(she) always does this.”

The teen told police that his mother’s half-sister, Solo, came over to visit, upset with her husband because “he was being a jerk,” the affidavit says.

Hope Solo 911 Call (2014)

She appeared to have been drinking and drank wine for some time with her half-sister, reports say. Solo also got upset with her nephew over a misunderstanding.

At that point, she reportedly insulted him, calling him “too fat and overweight and crazy.” The nephew told her to get out of the house and went into another room.

Solo reportedly followed him and the two got into an argument that allegedly escalated as an enraged Solo “charged” at him and took a swing at him.

She then “repeatedly punched him in the face and tackled him,” reports say, pulling his hair and dragging him back down at one point after he had subdued her.

Solo’s half-sister arrived and tried to break up the fight, but Solo reportedly turned her aggression to her and punched her in the face “several times.”

The nephew got a wooden broom that he “broke over (Solo’s) head,” but Solo reportedly did not relent even then, so he pointed a BB gun at her.

Solo eventually stopped and was forced out the door, but re-entered through an unlocked sliding door and assaulted her sister some more, the affidavit says.

Police ultimately arrived and found that Solo’s half-sister had a swollen left cheekbone that was turning purple. Solo was eventually taken into custody.