American Idol continues to give us very little to snark about on Season 13.
Last night's two-hour stop in Salt Lake City produced 30 Golden Ticket recipients, 25 of which were given plenty of time on the air in lieu of those tired, overly produced and purposely lame auditions.
The judges continued to exude charm and chemistry and the talent continued to come out in droves. What is going on here?!?
So, which five contestants made the best impression? And could anyone match Bria Anai from last week in Georgia?
These five stood out in Utah:
- Paisley Van Patten sang "When the Lights Go Down" and did so with subtlety and grace. She clearly oozes both confidence and talent.
- Dexter Roberts possesses everything it takes to win. Mostly because he's a white guy with a guitar who sings country. But he does it awfully well.
- Kassandra Castaneda cracked us up by first giving Jennifer Lopez her uncle's phone number (above) but then turned serious with a great take on Adele's "Chasing Pavements."
- Tiquila Wilson. The name is already a winner. Her pitch and her vocals then made us believe she could literally be the winner, following a rendition of "Someone Like You."
- Austin Wolfe went with "Radioactive" and put his own spin on this often-played radio hit. Solid stuff.