Ralph Macchio is back, baby.
An early favorite, the original Karate Kid joined NFL star Hines Ward at the top of the scoreboard on Monday night’s episode of Dancing With the Stars.
With Donnie Burns on as a guest judge/coach, the scores were out of 40 this week instead of 30. Ralph and Hines each managed an impressive 36!
Also, Monday marked the return of team dances, which counted for another potential 40 points, though each team earned 30/40, so it was a wash.
A fun wash. Watch Team Chelsea (Chelsea Kane, Macchio and Romeo) take on Team Hines (Ward, Kirstie Alley and Kendra Wilkinson) below!
We’ll post some of the best individual routines and analysis for you in a bit. For now here are Monday’s scores, with the field wide open as always …
- Hines Ward & Kym Johnson (Tango): 9, 9, 8, 10 = 36.
- Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff (Quickstep): 10, 9, 8, 9 = 36.
- Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas (Paso Doble): 8, 9, 8, 9 = 34.
- Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel (Tango): 8, 8, 7, 8 = 31.
- Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Jive): 9, 7, 6, 8 = 30.
- Romeo & Chelsie Hightower (Samba): 7, 8, 7, 8 = 30.
As we said above, everybody earned 30 for their team dance, so that changed nothing as far as the scores are concerned. So who’s at risk tonight?
What do you think? Who’s going home? Are Romeo and Kendra in danger? Leave a comment below and tell us how you assess it.
Also, vote on who you think will win Dancing With the Stars: