Is Charlie Puth going to bat for Selena Gomez?
Something odd is going on, because the up-and-coming pop singer randomly shouted "F**k you, Justin Bieber!" during a concert Friday night in Dallas.
But it gets better.
Charlie delivered this odd directive while performing "We Don't Talk Anymore," a track that features Selena.
The songstress was not present during the concert, but you gotta wonder why Charlie chose that moment to attack the Biebs.
Maybe something romantic has developed between the two. Or maybe Selena spilled some unfavorable dirt to her collaborator about her ex. Or perhaps the former YouTube star just thinks the Biebs is a big ol' d-bag. He's certainly not the first.
Whatever the case, Charlie seems to be confused about his feelings, because he released a series of tweets apologizing on Saturday morning - but then deleted them.
The tweets included:
- "What I said at the concert last night about Justin was meant to be a joke."
- "However the way it was said mid song did not sound like one."
- “I am a massive @JustinBieber fan and I have nothing but great things to say about him and his music always.”
- “Please find it in your heart to forgive me and know that this is coming from a real place. I am not a mean person.”
- “I am very sorry if I offended anyone, and mostly to Justin.”
- “His work is inspiring. I would never intentionally or publicly bash him.”
Sounds like a valid apology. So why'd he change his mind?
One can only guess.
Back in September, after Selena posted a photo of herself with Charlie, fans speculated on a possible romance between the two, but she insisted they were just friends.
If you can't recall where you've seen Charlie before, it may have been during last year's AMAs when he made out with Meghan Trainor on stage after they performed their hit song, "Marvin Gaye."
Check out Charlie's diss to Justin below.