Most students try to avoid summer school.
But Skidmore College may see a rise in applications this year, thanks to a course offered by Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology Carolyn Chernoff.
It's titled "The Sociology Of Miley Cyrus."
Instead, it will focus on the “rise of the Disney Princess,” while taking a look at other stars (such as Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera) and also teaching:
- Gender stratification and the hyper-commodification of childhood.
- Different kinds of transitions to adulthood.
- Allies and appropriation.
- Uses of culture across race, class, and gender.
- Bisexuality, queerness and the female body.
Rutgers University, meanwhile, is bringing back a course titled “Politicizing Beyonce."
Where do you stand on college curriculum being based on the lives of celebrities?
Would you take any of the following courses?