Can we fault the world’s worst entertainment blogger, Liz Snead, for merely living up to what her Los Angeles Times paycheck asks her to do, which is to publish on the Internet whatever thoughtless rants run through her head? Or is she culpable for trying to take the struggling Tribune paper into generation Web 2.No by leading them down a path of bumptious observation?
It didn’t take long for Snead’s Angelina Jolie items to paint her as a bottom-feeding gossip hound. Now, she’s taking great joy in calling Liv Tyler, who is in the middle of trying to save her marriage fat — directing this bit of advice her way: “Even if you’re wearing a very loose dress, suck that tummy in, girls!”
• Jennifer Lopez has set the birth of her twins for February 14. Cheesy, sure, but a total J. Lo move. What we do judge is planning her c-section on a Thursday, for the benefit of the tabs. If that’s true, he deserves every forthcoming invasion of privacy.
• Kate Hudson and Liv Tyler threw a party at the Waverly Inn. Where did those ladies meet, a group for the famous children of famous parents?
• Paris Hilton is still into men with fading fame; she hooked up with Simon Rex last night.
• Playboy bunnies hit up Mardi Gras. Hopefully they know better than to give it up for a free t-shirt.
• Pictures of the bump that launched “My Humps”
• Pink Is The New Blog is better at keeping Project Runway related secrets than we are.
• Diddy writes a not-nice song about ex-girlfriend Kim Porter. Which was probably a good move, seeing as women who let you bang Sienna Miller, ogle Jessica Biel and impregnate other women all while birthing and raising your own children are typically a dime a dozen.
• Annoying rich kids Brody Jenner and Spencer Pratt are in a big, douchey fight.
• Tweens given opportunity to overpay for tacky, American Idol inspired wardrobe.
• Hilary Duff reduces a 9 year-old girl to tears, presumably by forcing her to listen to her crappy new album. On repeat.
• It’s not that Eddie Murphy doesn’t have time to chase after his ex-girlfriends. It’s just that he’s sick and tired of supporting their designer shoe habits. Or, you know, their children out of wedlock.
• Is Liv Tyler married to a former homo? Or, should we be asking, ‘what’s the frequency, Gwyneth?’
• Creepy Scientologists have evolved beyond cupcakes.
I’ve been a model and actress since I was 14, so I’ve been on a diet my whole life. But once I gave birth, I didn’t want to think about myself or feel insecure about my career; I wanted to think about my child. So I stopped worrying about diets.
I definitely think the girls look too skinny now. I’m friends with Helena Christensen and Linda Evangelista, and I remember Linda telling me that when she was a model [in the ’90s], a sample size was a 6 or an 8. Now a sample dress size is a 0 or a 2. That’s pretty alarming. There’s a lot of pressure on [the models]. It’s not healthy. I can’t even imagine what that’s like.
–Liv Tyler, in the March issue of Glamour via