When the world first learned that Clare Crawley had been chosen as the new Bachelorette, fans were quick to zero in on the subject of Crawley's age.
She's certainly not old by any real-world metric, but coming off a season of The Bachelor in which the youngest contestants were fresh out of college, a 38-year-old Bachelorette was, for many, a jarring proposition.
Clare first made a name for herself while pursuing one of the most notorious Bachelor's in franchise history.
We're talking, of course, about the Douchey Don Juan himself, Juan Pablo Galavis.
Galavis has been openly critical of the show in the years since he served as Rose Master General.
Of course, he might have been even more unpopular than Peter Weber, so he had every reason to take a dim view of the experience.
Anyway, the cast for Clare's season was announced last week, and naturally, Juan Pablo felt the need to offer his two cents.
"I just SAW the GUYS for @Clare_Crawley Bachelorette season and its gonna be INTERESTING seeing HER get hit on by KIDS on their 20s...," he tweeted.
"I think this MIGHT be the 3rd SEASON Im gonna watch," Galavis added.
Crawley was quick to clap back with some commentary of her own.
"And yet here you are, older than 99% of them and still cant practice compassion and kindness," she tweeted.
"Hey, ALL I want is for you to FIND love, you taking it the WRONG way Clare," Juan Pablo replied in an epic back-pedal.
When fans called him out for jealousy, Galavis pretended to be shocked.
"Jealous? I just see it FASCINATING," he tweeted, adding a winking emoji.
To be fair, the guys for Clare's season were cast before she was chosen, and the decision on the part of producers to keep most of their original selections is somewhat surprising.
Only one of the men in Clare's group is over 40, a small handful are in their 30s, and most are in their 20s.
The youngest contestant is just 23 years old, and while Clare has said she "doesn't mind an age difference" in interviews on the subject, it's not hard to see why some fans are demanding a major age-appropriate cast.
In any event, filming for Clare's season has been delayed due to concerns over the coronavirus, so we guess the youngest of her potential suitors will have a little extra time to grow a mustache and move out of their parents' basement.
"With the rapidly changing events related to COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, Warner Bros. Television Group is halting production on some of our 70+ series and pilots currently filming or about to begin," Warner Bros. Television Group said in a statement on Friday.
"There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on any of our productions, but the health and safety of our employees, casts and crews remains our top priority."
We're surprised Juan Pablo didn't have anything to say about that.
You know he's one of those "it's just the flu! I'm going out anyway!" jerks.