Let us just say that it's about time, people. Are we right?
See what we did there?! Literally and figuratively? Eh?
Terrible puns notwithstanding, it's cause for celebration across the nation because Daylight Saving Time commences this weekend.
For those beaten down by winter and desperate for this long, dark period of our lives to end, the event comes not a moment too soon.
Daylight Saving Time is harbinger of seasons to come, a cause for springing ahead (so to speak) with life and the renewal of the spirit.
It's also inherently confounding for a lot of people somehow.
Fortunately, THG is here to break it all down and help you through a monumentally complex event that we haven't seen the likes of since 2016.
Here are 17 helpful tips for Daylight Savings Time 2017:
1. It begins officially tomorrow: Sunday, March 12 at 2 a.m.
2. Time "springs" forward one hour (see above infographic).
3. Set your clocks ahead before you go to bed tonight. Done.
4. Or stay up until 2 a.m., put 'em at 3, then hit the sack. BAM.
5. Your iPhone should be automated, so don't even WORRY.
6. Your microwave probably isn't, though, so take note of that.
7. At least your microwave can't be hacked by the CIA. #Win.
8. Yes, this means losing an hour of sleep Sunday morning.
9. Especially with little kids on a nap schedule. Gonna be rough.
10. BUT you get an extra hour of sun in the evening. Tight.
11. The concept of DST dates all the way back to 1895.
12. It was the brainchild of one Ben Franklin. Who knew?!
13. It was recently extended a decade ago to save energy.
14. Daylight Saving Time 2017 ends Sunday, November 5, at which point you'll be "falling" back to the original time, as depicted below:
15. Changing the clock in your car could take you awhile, especially if you have an older model, because that s--t is a legit pain in the a--.
16. Seriously. A post-it note affixed to the dashboard reminding you that it's hour slow until 11/5 may be easier. It's only 7.75 months.
17. Arizona, Hawaii and Puerto Rico peeps: Disregard 1-16.
There you go: 17 easy steps to prep you for #DST17 so that you we can not only get through this, but spring into March and beyond.
With gusto, and aplomb. Up top!