One Direction has spoken out at length for the first time since Zayn Malik quit the group.
With questions swirling over whether or not One Direction will replace Malik - along with many still wondering just why Zayn left in the first place - remaining members Harry, Niall, Louis and Liam spoke to The Sun late last week.
"It's been a tough few weeks, probably the toughest since the band was formed five years ago," Payne told the British newspaper on Friday, April 3.
"We're gutted that Zayn chose to leave, but now after a few performances as a four-piece, we're feeling confident and are determined to carry on stronger than ever."
One Direction performed a couple shows in South Africa soon after Malik announced his departure, with Harry Styles even breaking down and crying at one point.
But a new One Direction album is reportedly on the way, and Tomlinson offered some comfort to fans in The Sun's feature story.
"All four of us are 100 percent committed to staying in 1D," he assured millions of concerned supporters.
Malik claimed he left to experience life as a "normal 22-year old," though there's been talk since that he's already working as a solo artist; while rumors persist that he cheated in his fiancee and is even dating Ellie Goulding.
One Direction members are said to be in constant touch with Zayn, however, and do not harbor any ill feelings toward him.
"It's very exciting to be working on our fifth album," Styles says. "It shows how incredible the fans have been. A huge thank you to them for everything they've done for us. All the love to them."
Going forward, the boy band will play shows in Vienna, Oslo, and Helsinki. They also have a number of scheduled U.S. performances lined up for this summer.