A night after the top 8 American Idol men underwhelmed, the top 8 American Idol women took to the stage on Thursday.
Why eight? Because four were eliminated before they had another shot at impressing viewers at home.
So long, Shi Scott, Lovey James, Shannon Berthiaume and Katherine Winston (really, viewer? Katherine Winston?!?). We wish you well on all future endeavors.
As for who remained? Click through their renditions of Motown classics now:
Who stood out the most?
Sarina Joi-Crowe put a unique twist on “You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me,” while Tyanna Jones showed serious vocal power and stage presence on “Rockin Robin.”
What about the best/worst of the rest?
- Loren Lott went with “Michael Jackson’s “I Wanna Be Where You Are.” Solid choice. Poor pitch.
- Maddie Walker looked very nervous, and not very emotional, on “I’ll Be There.”
- Joey Cook had a lot of fun with a jazzy, bass-focused arrangement on “Shop Around.”
- Adanna Duru sang a cheesy version of Lionel Richie’s “Hello.” But isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
- Jax wore THE DRESS for "Ain’t No Mountain High Enough." That's all we could focus on.
- Sorry, Alexis Gomez. But you were all over the place on a iconic track, "I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)."
Two women will go home next week. Who should they be?