Justin Bieber is taking himself a lot less seriously these days.
First, the singer responded to a recent Saturday Night Live parody - in which cast member Kate McKinnon mocked Bieber's Calvin Klein ads - by giving the sketch comedy program props.
In a message directed at the official SNL Twitter account, Bieber simply wrote: "Well played. lol."
Now, Comedy Central has confirmed that the artist will actually be roasted on camera for a special set to air this spring.
Via statement, the network says:
“Justin has been asking us for years to roast him, so we kept telling him to create some more material and we’re thrilled he listened.”
Other stars to have previously been roasted by Comedy Central include Hugh Hefner, Bob Saget, Donald Trump, Charlie Sheen and Pamela Anderson.
These specials typically designate an emcee, though no one has yet been named to that role for Bieber's upcoming episode.
Among the many topics we'd imagine will be used to roast the cocky artist:
- His many tattoos.
- His relationship with Selena Gomez.
- His front-running sports fandom.
- The fact that he skateboards.
- His supposed acting ability.
- His friendship with someone named Lil Za.
- His drunk driving arrest, penchant for egging and that time he peed in a mop bucket.