New Zealand’s young phenom chanteuse Lorde and her rumored boyfriend, James Lowe, are reportedly dating, and with it, are being bullied on Twitter.
Mercilessly and cruelly, in fact. The cause for attack? It’s not clear.
Some teens and ‘tweens claim that Lorde, 17, recently took Justin Bieber and the five members of One Direction to task by referring to them as “ugly.”
There is no record of her saying such things, but no matter.
Fans of Bieber and 1D have taken Twitter in a racist, vile attack on the “Royals” singer and James Lowe, the 24-year-old believed to be Lorde’s boyfriend.
A sampling of some of the most disgusting comments:
- Lorde called one direction and Justin Bieber ugly And then this is her boyfriend Not ugly at all
- Lorde and her boyfriend are so awkward
- I hope this frightening image of lorde and her boyfriend helps you get through today.
- Lorde called every member of One Direction ugly, please look at Lorde’s boyfriend. Some random Asian dude! C’mon!
- damn lorde is a lucky girl i bet her boyfriend gives her free manicures and pedicures
- LORDE’S BOYFRIEND IS SOME UGLY OLD ASIAN GUY WTF
- @lordemusic your boyfriend can suck my doesnt exist d–k he’s so damn ugly ew you couldnt find better?
- @lordemusic Your boyfriend is ugly as f–k you f–king bitch!
- Lorde says 1D and Justin are ugly? LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOOK AT YOUR F–KING UGLY BOYFRIEND! HE IS SKINNY AND UGLY LOLZ!!
- Oh wait, your boyfriend is 7 years different from you 0_0… Oh hell no, Lorde. You’d scored a scrawny asian sugardaddy.
- Lorde’s boyfriend looks asain. No offence but he is ugly af #truth
- omg is lorde’s boyfriend Fred Wu from Awkward hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
- Come back to us when your boyfriend doesn’t look like PSY gone wrong.
Yeah. Good to see we’ve come so far as a society when it comes to kindness and acceptance. When you hide behind your Twitter, all bets are off.
Again, while she engaged in a quasi-feud with Selena Gomez over the message of “Come and Get It,” there is no record of Lorde dissing JB or 1D.
Nor is she willing to wade into this cesspool of hatred, it seems.
The Grammy nominated singer, who communicates with her fans regularly via social networks, has thus far remained silent in the face of her attackers.
Good for her for taking the high road, at least.