Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus were voted off Dancing With the Stars on Monday night, but she left a lasting mark on the show, and her partner.
She said she came to inspire and enjoy the party. Done and done.
The Dancing With the Stars results matched the scores from the past two weeks. Valerie Harper was in last place both times. But she remains a winner.
The 74-year-old delivered a message of hope by savoring life after she was diagnosed with brain cancer and given three months to live earlier this year.
She reacted in characteristic fashion to her elimination last night. As the audience and her fellow dancers cheered and cried, Harper simply beamed.
"It has been absolutely wonderful, completely unique, like nothing else in the world," she said, smiling. "It's really a great thing to get out and dance!"
Her professional dance partner, Tristan MacManus, fought back tears as their four-week run came to an end, saying, "I feel like I've been very lucky."
As for the rest of the competition, it's now down to nine couples vying for the mirror ball trophy. Here's a look at the scores from last night's episode ...
- Amber Riley and Derek Hough: 27
- Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy: 27
- Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff: 27
- Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke: 24
- Snooki and Sasha Farber: 24
- Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani: 24
- Christina Milian and Mark Ballas: 24
- Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd: 21
- Bill Engvall and Emma Slater: 21
- Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus: 18
Vote below: Did Valerie Harper deserve to be voted off?
Who will win Dancing With the Stars Season 17?