From "Call Me Maybe" to "Gangnam Style" and "Somebody That I Used to Know," 2012 was a great year for omnipresent pop music hits of all kinds.
It's also so last year.
Some of the biggest names in music are set to release new material in 2013. Famous industry veterans and youngsters alike will be back in full force.
Let's take a look at 13 of the biggest albums to come in '13:
1. Lady Gaga's follow up to Born This Way is set to drop this spring. ARTPOP features two separate volumes, a documentary film and a "multimedia app."
Little Monsters, contain yourselves.
2. The engaged Miley Cyrus is allegedly planning a "very adult" album in the new year, one with a "dirty-South vibe" (her words) and songs by Pharrell Williams.
Expect risque music videos to boot.
3. Justin Bieber already made us Believe. Before long he will make us Believe 2.0, with the recently leaked "Make You Believe" as a possible single.
We're sensing a theme here.
4. Selena Gomez & The Scene, whoever they are, will return with the group's fourth album in April. No word if BFF Taylor Swift will make a cameo.
5. New mom Beyonce has been back in the studio of late and expected to release some new tracks before her impending Super Bowl show in February.
6. California Gurl Katy Perry is rumored to be going dark with her much-anticipated fourth album. Can you picture it? Don't knock it until you hear it ...
7. The Wanted's third studio album, Third Strike, comes out in March. Lindsay Lohan is counting down the days and listening to their first two albums 24/7.
8. New American Idol judge Nicki Minaj says she has a new album coming in '13. Rumored title: Pink Friday: The Pinkprint. Rumored genre: more rap, less pop.
9. Other new American Idol judge Mariah Carey will release her 14th album in 2013, probably sooner rather than later. Yes, she has 13 albums. Wow.
10. That's nothing compared to Cher, who will release a dance-heavy album in March, her 26th album and first in decade. Lady Gaga is set as a collaborator.
11. Faith Hill's husband Tim McGraw will release his 12th album, Two Lanes of Freedom, on February 5. They are one attractive and talented couple.
12. 50 Cent's Street King Immortal will hit stores February 26. It's the rapper's fifth album. The first single, "My Life," features Eminem and Adam Levine.
13. Bono fans should "certainly expect" a new album in 2013, his manager says, but not U2 style. Think contributors Danger Mouse and will.i.am.
Which new album are you most looking forward to?