Britney Spears' former "manager" Sam Lutfi is finally getting his day in court.
In suing for defamation and money he feels he earned during their partnership - her dark period of 2007-08, not coincidentally, Lutfi is making some shocking allegations:
- Spears took a massive amount of amphetamines the night she was strapped to a gurney and placed on a 5150 hold, according to Sam Lutfi.
- On January 28, 2008, Britney had an amphetamine prescription filled; she took 6-8 pills early in the day, and several more later and went off the rails.
Lutfi's lawyer said he tried to get Britney to meet with a psychiatrist days before she was 5150'd, but she refused, despite having been a mess for months prior to that.
She certainly was in the throes of a downward spiral throughout 2007. Speaking of ...
- Sam claims he tried to talk Britney out of her disastrous performance at the MTV Awards in 2007 (above), because she was overweight and didn't rehearse.
- Spears was so paranoid that her hair contained traces of the hardcore drugs she was using that Britney shaved her head to hide possible "evidence."
- Britney was a serious crystal meth addict.
Sam's lawyer, Joseph Schleimer, had a field day yesterday, somehow claiming that his client repeatedly told Britney she needed to get off drugs, to no avail.
Schleimer says Sam:
- Tried to enlist a whole team of people to help her.
- Brought in a drug-sniffing dog and found meth.
- Was attacked by Britney's dad Jamie Spears.
- Introduced Britney to fiance Jason Trawick.
As for Sam's managerial role, Schleimer says Britney approached HIM and offered 15 percent of her earnings - $800,000 a month when she wasn't on tour, way more when she was.
Britney's side has yet to respond to these allegations, most of which are patently false and the rest are legally flimsy at best. Good luck proving any of that.
How can a hard ass drug addict be competent enough to sign or agree to any financial deal? Isn't that just undermining your own case there Sam?