Google said Thursday it has removed "tens of thousands" of leaked photos of Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and other stars in the wake of last month's scandal.
The tech giant also hit back at accusations it was slow to react to the deluge of hacked photos, as alleged in a $100 million lawsuit threat by notable stars.
Lawyers representing some of the victims whose photos were stolen from hacked iCloud accounts and published online called out Google yesterday.
Their attorneys accused Google of ignoring take down requests for, among others, the Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence nude photos on Google properties.
The company says has taken "rapid" action and will continue to.
"We've removed tens of thousands of pictures, within hours of the requests being made, and we have closed hundreds of accounts," Google said.
"The internet is used for many good things," the company added, stating in no uncertain terms that "stealing people's private photos is not one of them."