NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner (a.k.a. Carlos Danger) still has the support of his wife despite the reemergence of his epic sexting scandal.
Tuesday, he stood side-by-side with Huma Abedin to say that he will stay in the race for mayor of New York, while she left no doubt where they stand.
"I love him. I have forgiven him. And as we have said from the beginning, we are moving forward," said Abedin, a longtime adviser to Hillary Clinton.
Some of the Anthony Weiner sexting and lewd chatting took place after he resigned from Congress in 2011 for the same sort of behavior, he admits.
"This is entirely behind me," Weiner said, hours after he confirmed that a newly disclosed round of sexually explicit photos and texts were authentic.
The story broke earlier in the day when celebrity gossip website The Dirty posted the correspondence and quoted the woman, who was not named.
Weiner's wife, who was pregnant when the sexting scandal broke in 2011 and gave birth months later, has played a large, increasing role in his campaign.
Huma Abedin made an appearance in his campaign kick-off video, led his fundraising effort and recently made her debut on the campaign trail.
The allegation could severely test voters' willingness to forgive Weiner, who has said he spent two years since the scandal trying to make things right.
Three of his rivals for mayor immediately called on Weiner to drop out.
The 48-year-old Democrat resigned his House seat back in June 2011 after acknowledging his sexual conversations with a half-dozen women or more.
He has been polling well so far, at least before this bombshell.
"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out and today they have," Weiner said in a statement issued by his campaign earlier in the day.
"I want to again say that I am very sorry to anyone who was on the receiving end of these messages and the disruption this has caused."
Will he stay in? Should he? How will he do if so? Comment below ...