Lawyers for George Zimmerman, the killer of Trayvon Martin, will ask a judge to release him from jail again after Zimmerman's bail was revoked last week.
The announcement comes as Zimmerman, 28, returns to a cell in the Seminole County jail in central Florida, after a circuit court judge revoked his bond.
Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. yanked his $150,000 bond, posted in April, after prosecutors said both he and his wife had lied about their financial status.
Free on bail or not, he faces trial on second-degree murder charges.
They had failed to tell the court about at least $135,000 that anonymous donors had contributed to help bankroll Zimmerman's legal defense in the case.
"Mr. Zimmerman knew a sum had been raised ... we feel the failure to disclose these funds was caused by fear, mistrust and confusion," his lawyers said.
"The gravity of this mistake has been directly illustrated, and [Zimmerman] understands this has undermined his credibility, which he will have to work to repair."
They also withheld one of two valid passports issued in George Zimmerman's name, prosecutors said at a hearing. The judge pulled his bail as a result.
The murder case has grabbed widespread media attention and sparked debate about U.S. race relations, profiling, media, guns and self-defense laws.
Defense lawyers said in a statement posted on their website on Monday that Zimmerman, who went into hiding because of death threats after his previous release on bond, was unfairly "thrust into the national spotlight as a racist murderer."
The motion to re-post bail is expected to be filed Tuesday.