The Apple Watch is HERE!
Okay, the Apple Watch is almost here.
But Apple CEO Tim Cook took to the stage on Monday in San Francisco to unveil the final details regarding the much-hyped product that will be available to own on April 24.
But interested users will be able to pre-order to Apple Watch on April 10 and try it on in stores on that date.
The most basic version of the item (Apple Watch Sport) will retail at $349, while upgrading face sizes and material will cause the price to rise accordingly.
For instance, a stainless steel version will cost $549, while the 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition starts at $10,000. Seriously.
As for why one would want to own the Apple Watch? Its main features will include...
- A built-in Activity app that depicts how many calories one has burned in a day; how much exercise one has undergone; and how much one has stood up.
- The Apple Watch will also summarize one's workout week and offer tips for how to improve.
- User will be able take their finger and swipe up from the bottom of the watch face to check the weather, take a peek at one's calendar and/or control one's music.
- The Apple Watch will support third-party apps (yes, you'll be able to summon an Uber car from your wrist).
- Siri will be in the house! Or inside the watch, as the case may be.
- Any notification you receive on your iPhone will be viewable on the Apple Watch, just a tap away.
- Apple Watch owners will have the option to communicate with one another by drawing on the device's screen. These doodles will be animated, illustrating how they were drawn and then they will vanish from the display.
- Through a speaker and microphone, one will be able to answer a phone call via the watch.
- The battery will last for 18 hours.
- The Apple Watch is named after Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter, Apple.
That last one is a joke.
Will you be purchasing an Apple Watch?