It finally happened, television fans.
Following years of hope and then months of hype, Family Guy Season 13 Episode 1 really did feature Family Guy crossing over with The Simpsons.
Could the special premiere possibly live up to the ridiculously lofty expectations of fans across the world?
Pretty much, yes, even if the meta references grew a bit tired old by hour’s end ("It may have been inspired by Duff, but I like to think that it goes in a different direction," Peter said of his favorite beer, clearly also joking about his actual show).
As a recap, however, let’s just run down the crossover’s most memorably Family Guy quotes, lines and moments, shall we?
- Gotta love Marge being confused by Brian acting like a human: "Oh, I was under the impression that you were a dog. … Have you ever drunk out of a toilet? … Dogs eat in the kitchen."
- The while court scene was incredible, but Family Guy‘s James Woods meeting The Simpsons‘ James Woods was by far the cherry atop the satirical sundae.
- It’s not like the internet to go crazy about something small and stupid.
- The Simpsons creator Matt Groening made a cameo, sitting behind Joe and Bonnie.
- Lisa helping of Meg was surprisingly well done and almost sentimental. We also sort of thought they’d kiss at the end.
- “I took Apu.” (Well played, Stewie.)
- Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin had a chicken fight over Springfield Gorge. Yes, it went on for a very long time, but it also featured American Dad‘s Roger speaking about the good ol’ days with Kang and Kodos. AMAZING.
What did everyone else think of the crossover? Worth all that wait? Would you want to see it again? Should The Simpsons next visit Rhode Island?
Go watch Family Guy online if you missed any of the premiere and sound off below.