The Expendables 2 blasted its way to the top of the box office this weekend, but Robert Pattinson also had a few thousand reasons to smile.
While the Sylvester Stallone-penned action flick earned nearly $30 million and easily out-garnered The Bourne Legacy for the number-one ranking, Pattinson's Cosmopolis - his first movie since news of the Kristen Stewart affair broke - grossed $72,000 at just three theaters.
That gave Cosmopolis the weekend's biggest per-screen average. So take that, D.B. Sweeney!
Sparkle - which featured Whitney Houston in her final big screen performance - landed in fifth place. But it sported the Top 10's best per-theater average after The Expendables 2.
Here is a look at that top 10 from Friday and Saturday:
- The Expendables 2, $28.8 million
- The Bourne Legacy, $17 million
- ParaNorman, $14 million
- The Campaign, $13.4 million
- Sparkle, $12 million
- The Dark Knight Rises, $11.1 million
- The Odd Life of Timothy Green, $10.9 million
- Hope Springs, $9.1 million
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, $3.9 million
- Total Recall, $3.5 million