Don't call it a comeback. No, really, she's not coming back yet.
With Chris Brown's birthday today, we hoped to report that Rihanna was set for her first public performance since the "alleged" brutal assault by her ex.
But the upcoming show has been abruptly scrapped.
The 21-year-old R&B star had been scheduled to perform later this month in the United Arab Emirates. But Yassin Matbouly, of concert organizer Vibe Entertainment Management Agency, said in a statement that Rihanna's not ready.
"We want to share with you that Rihanna and her management will not be holding a concert at this time as it is not appropriate timing for her," he said.
There was no immediate comment from Rihanna, who had been laying low in Barbados until recently - and reportedly cozying up to ex Negus Sealy.
Rihanna is pumped for a return to live performing ... just not yet.
The "Umbrella" singer did make a public appearance last night, showcasing some seriously fancy fashion at the Costume Institue Gala in New York.
For now, though, she's not planning on any concert dates. Although she's said to be focusing on work and putting the events of February 8 behind her.
The show was scheduled to take place May 28, the date of Brown's next court date in the pending assault and criminal threats case against him.
Concert producers are now eyeing dates for sometime this fall. Here's hoping she turns the corner and gets back in the swing of things soon.