Monday Night Raw fans got punked in Chicago last night.
CM Punked, to be precise, as most in attendance hoped to see this hometown hero (who walked out on the company after January's Royal Rumble) make an appearance at the event.
This hope was only increased after Raw kicked off with Punk's music and Punk's face on the Jumbotron... only for Paul Heyman to garner some major heel heat by coming out instead.
He and Brock Lesnar taunted The Undertaker, while Lesnar also destroyed an interrupting Mark Henry.
The Dead Man did not show up, either, resulting in yet another letdown for those in The Windy City.
Elsewhere, Seth Rollins simply walked out on Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, leaving The Shield to lose to The Wyatt Family in an Elimination Chamber rematch; while Aaron Paul had himself a blast, driving a Mustang into the arena as Dolph Ziggler's manager.
The main event, meanwhile, featured a full-on heel turn by Batista, who speared Daniel Bryan in a very short match that ended in DQ due to interference by Randy Orton.
Will the WWE truly go through with the planned Batista-Orton match at Wrestlemania? It's asking for an ugly reaction if so. The crowd chanted for Bryan and CM Punk throughout the evening on Monday.
Here is a quick match rundown from the latest edition of WWE Raw:
- The Usos knocked off the New Age Outlaws to become Tag Team Champions.
- Big E. beat Cesaro by disqualification.
- The Wyatt Family beat The Shield.
- Emma and Santino Marella defeated Fandango and Summer Rae.
- Sheamus beat Christian in a match that was serenaded by boos.
- The Bella Twins beat Aksana and Alicia Fox.
- Dolph Ziggler beat Alberto Del Rio.
- Big E. beat Jack Swagger by disqualification
- Daniel Bryan beat Batista by disqualification.