Alec Baldwin has been suspended by MSNBC for hurling homophobic slurs at a photographer earlier this week, and the actor has issued a real apology.
The 55-year-old says in a statement, "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have - and for that I am deeply sorry."
Trying to rationalize, or at least explain his rage in context, he adds, "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive."
Baldwin admits it was "unacceptable" to shout the phrase "c**ksucking f*g" while chasing a photographer on Thursday. In his apology, Alec concedes:
"Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."
Baldwin's issued his apology after the controversy he ignited and MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.
Anderson Cooper, among others, called him out for the ridiculous story he tried to spin, which he seems to have come to grips with now at least.
Meanwhile, the actor exchanged heated words with multiple reporters yesterday (see above) and appeared to hit a parked car while he was driving off.
This is all after the c-bomb and f-bomb in question (below). Good times.