Gilbert Gottfried must really believe any publicity is good publicity, because making light of a natural disaster won't endear himself to a lot of people.
As the death toll creeps toward five figures, and with the fear of an actual nuclear meltdown lingering, the comedian absolutely went off on the topic.
Seriously, this puts 50 Cent's Tweets to shame.
There's not politically correct ... and then there's this.
While some stars, such as Petra Nemcova, work tirelessly to support the victims of the Japanese tragedy, it's amazing that others deliberately mock it.
Sure, he's a comedian, and maybe Gilbert will surprise us and turn this into something positive. Until then, he can likely expect some angry emails.
On Gottfriend's Twitter page, 12 tsunami-inspired jokes have been dropped in the last day, such as (and these aren't even the offensive ones):
- Japan is really advanced. They don't go to the beach. The beach comes to them.
- What do the japanese have in common with @howardstern? They're both radio active.
- Japan had put out this urgent plea...." PLEASE SEND US A FEW BIlLION RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!!"
- Japan called me. They said "maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they're all sinking.
- What does every Japanese person have in their apartment? Flood lights.
- I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said "is there a school in this area." She said "not now, but just wait."
- My Japanese doctor advised me to stay healthy I need 50 million gallons of water a day.
Tsunami humor ...