We suppose you can give 50 Cent credit for trying to lighten the mood, but it was still a little soon for Japanese earthquake/Tsunami humor, most likely.
While countless celebrities Tweeted their thoughts and prayers to the victims, the rapper attempted some online stand-up comedy, with mixed results.
Some of 50's ill-advised Twitter tsunami one-liners ...
- "Its all good Till b*tches see there christian louboutins floating down da street shit gone get crazy."
- "Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my hoe's from LA,Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol"
- "Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing."
Those Tweets are still up on 50's page, but he apparently thought better of this approach afterward, because he added the following thoughts:
- "Nah this is nuts but what can anyone do about it. Let's pray for anyone who has lost someone."
- "Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I'm cool either way -50 Cent"
At least he acknowledged it, but should he have refrained from the "shock value" Tweets to begin with? What do you think? Hate it or love it?