What would this traditional American holiday be without family, food, football and reflection upon the things we appreciate the most in life - in our case, some of the biggest turkeys we've had the privilege of covering this year.
With that said, we present our Top 10 Turkeys of 2008 ...
10. John Mayer. A douchebag 364 days a year. Honorary poultry today.
9. Britney Spears. Last year's top turkey falls to #9 by virtue of calming the hell down from February on. The first month of 2008 alone, though? Wow.
8. Miley Cyrus. Anyone who goes topless for Vanity Fair at age 15 and/or celebrates their birthday four months in advance automatically makes the list.
7. Courtenay Semel. She's far from the first E-list celebrity go to great lengths for publicity. Pretending to be a lesbian sets the bar pretty low, though.
6. Adrienne Bailon. Being dumb enough to take nude pics and let them get stolen is one thing. Staging the entire stunt with your loser publicist? Pathetic.
A collection of some of the year's biggest turkeys.
5. Ashlee Simpson. The zenith of uselessness to begin with, Jessica's l'il sis went and named her kid Bronx Mowgli. Just a "fowl" move all around.
4. (Tie) Sarah Palin, for this heartwarming Thanksgiving video, and her #1 fan Elisabeth Hasselbeck, 'cause no turkey gets ruffles feathers quite like her.
3. Alex Rodriguez. Months without a clutch hit. Railing strippers. Divorcing Cynthia Rodriguez. Referring to Madonna his "f*%king soulmate, dude." Gobble, gobble.
2. Eliot Spitzer. The Governor of New York State apparently thought it was worth his job and marriage to give call girl Ashley Dupre a good "stuffing." Har har.
1. Spencer Pratt. The villain you love to hate from The Hills capped off a hilarious year by eloping with Heidi Montag. Say what you will about him, Spencer plays the celebrity gossip game to perfection, 24/7/365. And we love him for it.