About six weeks after he passed away at home in Minnesota, it was confirmed that Prince died of an opiate overdose. Sad stuff.
Whitney Houston passed away from a cocaine overdose and drowning on February 11, 2012. The legendary singer was 49 years old.
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead by a friend on Super Bowl Sunday in 2014. The Oscar-winning star was 46 at the time and a medical examiner declared that Hoffman died from a mixture of heroin, cocaine and amphetamines.
Peaches Geldof, 25, died in April 7 at her home in Wrotham, England. A few months later, a British coroner officially ruled that Geldof had died of a heroin overdose.
Lisa Robin Kelly
Lisa Robin Kelly died in her sleep from multiple drug intoxification on August 14, 2013. She was 43 years old at the time.
Rest in peace, Cory Monteith. The Glee star died from a mixture of heroin and champagne on July 13, 2013. The incident followed a night out with friends in Vancouver. He was 31.
We still remember where we were when Amy Winehouse died from alcohol intoxication on July 23, 2011, at her home in England. She was just 27 at the time.
Heath Ledger was found dead on January 22, 2008. Only 28 years old, it determined that the Oscar-winner had died from a fatal combination of painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills.
Brad Renfro died from a heroin overdose on January 15, 2008, in Los Angeles. He was only 25.
Anna Nicole Smith
Anna Nicole Smith died at 39. The troubled model passed away from a combination of prescription drugs on February 8, 2007.
Comedian Mitch Hedberg died from a heroin overdose on March 29, 2005, in Livingston, New Jersey. He was just 37.
Ol' Dirty Bastard
Ol' Dirty Bastard died from a mixture of cocaine and a prescription pain killer back in November of 2004. The rapper, whose real name was Russell Tyrone Jones, passed away two days short of what would have been his 36th birthday.
Chris Farley passed in his Chicago apartment on December 18, 1997. Later, medical examiners determined that Farley overdosed on a mixture of heroin, cocaine and morphine.
River Phoenix died on Halloween night in 1993. Toxicology tests showed high amounts of cocaine and morphine in the system of this 23-year old actor.
Many still can't believe John Belushi is gone. The comedian/actor was found dead in his room at the Chateau Marmont on March 5, 1982. He was 33 at the time.
Jim Morrison passed away from a heroin overdose on July 3, 1971. The beloved Doors singer was just 27 years old.
Janis Joplin died of a heroin overdose in her Los Angeles residence on October 4, 1970. She was also just 27 at the time.
Jimi Hendrix chocked on his own vomit after passing out from a heavy dose of barbiturates on September 18, 1970, in London.
Bobbi Kristina Brown
Authorities are yet to reveal the exact cause of death for Bobbi Kristina Brown. But it is widely believed drugs played a huge role in causing her to never regain consciousness after she passed out in a bathtub.
Marilyn Monroe was found dead from a barbituate overdose on August 5, 1962. The incident took place in her Los Angeles home and she is still widely talked about today.
Lenny Bruce was found with his clothes off, dead on his bathroom floor in Hollywood Hills, California on August 3, 1966. He had a morphine needle still in his arm.
Judy Garland, forever best known for her role in The Wizard of Oz, died from a barbituate overdose on June 22, 1969, in London. She was 47 years old.
Only 26 years old, the rapper died in September of 2018. May he rest in peace.