Skip to Content

Talk show host Martha Stewart lost another one of her pets over the weekend. This time an adorable 9 week old chow chow puppy that had been promised to Martha died. Ghenghis Khan lost his life when there was an explosion at Pazzazz Pet Boarding Kennel in northeastern Pennsylvania.

A total of 17 show dogs were killed in an explosion which occurred when a propane delivery driver, Timothy Kleinhagen was doing a routine fill of the kennel’s propane tank. Fire officials believe that a spark or static electricity could have caused the explosion.

The truck driver is being called a “hero” after moving several dogs to safety before removing himself from harms way. Kleinhagen is listed in critical condition, suffering from burns.

Another Stewart pet, Paw Paw died of renal failure in April 2008.

More photos of Ghenghis Khan here