In October of last year, we reported that Blake Shelton is suing In Touch magazine for claiming that he’s a wild, reckless alcoholic who’s headed for rehab.
Since the wheels of justice often turn slowly, the case finally went to court this week, but only after In Touch fired back, claiming in legal docs that Shelton is indeed a drunk.
Shelton is suing the tabloid for $2 million, but according to a new report from TMZ, he also has a laundry list of retractions that he’s demanding the editors print.
Some highlights include:
- "I have never been to rehab."
- "I did not then nor have I ever hit rock bottom."
- "I do not drink excessively, binge drink or have a drinking problem."
- "I do not drink vodka before 11 AM."
- "I am never drunk, intoxicated, or unable to perform my job on ‘The Voice.’"
- "I do not slur my words or stumble when I drink."
- "I have never urinated on a mailbox."
Apparently, Shelton is most pissed about the fact that the tabloid is claiming he cheated on Miranda Lambert while the singers were still married.
"My ex-wife Miranda Lambert did not catch me with a bunch of naked women in our Tennessee home," the documents read.
Look, Blake, we’re sure if you fight hard enough you can get the magazine to go back on this stuff, but you’re gonna cost yourself some serious country music cred. Just sayin’.