Jon Stewart made his first television appearance since leaving The Daily Show on Sunday night, hosting SummerSlam from Brooklyn.
But it wasn't anything the comedian said at the pay-per-view that grabbed the attention of wrestling fans everywhere. It was something he did:
Stewart ran into the ring during the John Cena-Seth Rollins match... grabbed a chair... and leveled Cena with it!
Seriously! Jon Stewart turned heel at SummerSlam, helping supposed rival Rollings win the U.S. Title, causing the arena to erupt and coming closer to breaking the Internet than any Kim Kardashian nude photo ever could.
Elsewhere during an unforgettable evening of WWE action:
- Sheamus defeated Randy Orton via a pair of Brogue Kicks.
- The New Day knocked off Prime Time Players, Los Matadores and Lucha Dragons to become WWE Tag Team Champions.
- Rusev and Dolph Ziggler ended in a double count out, which sucked. But also in Lana and Summer Rae rolling around in fighting, which sucked a lot less.
- Stephen Amell and Neville defeaued Stardust and King Barrett after the actor hyped Arrow Season 4 backstage… and then soared through the air off the top turnbuckle, becoming maybe the most impressive celebrity to ever hit the squared circle.
- Ryback defeated The Miz and The Big Show in a pretty quick triple threat match.
- No heel turn by either Dean Ambrose or Roman Reigns in their match against Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper, just a basic victory by the former tandem.
- Team PCB knocked off Team Bella and Team BAD in a Divas match.
- Kevin Owens used the Pop Up Powerbomb to defeat Cesara in a great match.
- The Undertaker got some Wrestlemania revenge by beating Brock Lesnar, but only after the timekeeper inadvertently rang the bell, thinking ‘Taker had tapped out. The referee restarted it, The Undertake used Hell’s Gate to win… and Paul Heyman got PISSED.