Viewers learned a number of key details on The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Episode 1, the first of a two-episode opening night for the highest-rated sitcom on television.
- Sheldon never left a train station during his 45 days away. But he did learn all about the ketchup and mustard options wherever he stopped.
- Sheldon really admires Sherlock Holmes.
- Sheldon (sans pants) called Leonard to come pick him up in Arizona. This did not sit well with Amy, who came along for the ride and was greeted by her boyfriend with the question: Why did you come?
But we quickly learn that Sheldon called his best friend instead of his girlfriend because he didn’t want to come across like a failure to Amy.
Upon relaying this piece of information to Amy herself (good advice, Leonard!), Sheldon is comforted to hear that it’s okay, she’s fine with him not being "perfect."
In the end, Amy convinces Sheldon that his self-proclaimed "railroad journey of healing" actually changed him for the better. He agrees.
“I’m a lot like Gandalf the Grey,” Sheldon says. “He fought the Balrog and emerged stronger than ever as Gandalf the White. I was robbed of my phone and pants, and I too came back stronger. And whiter too because I wasn’t in direct sunlight for six weeks.”
- Kaley Cuoco rocked a MUCH shorter hairdo as Penny, who struggled to impress at a pharmaceutical job interview.
- Stuart and Mrs. Wolowitz are now shacking up, much to Howard’s dismay.
- Of all The Big Bang Theory quotes uttered, how could this one not stand out as most memorable? "Leonard, as soon as we get home, I want to have coitus with Amy."
And then sound off below: What did you think of the Season 8 opener?