Thank goodness. It had been way too long since Alec Baldwin had gone off on a reporter.
But he did indeed rage, after The Daily Mail’s George Stark accused Baldwin’s wife, Hilaria Thomas, of Tweeting through the funeral for James Gandolfini.
Along with simply denying the charge, the ex-30 Rock star Tweeted away last night with the following, largely homophobic messages:
- I’m gonna find you, George Stark, you toxic little queen, and I’m gonna fuck… you… up.
- I’d put my foot up your fucking ass, George Stark, but I’m sure you’d dig it too much.
- I want all of my followers and beyond to straighten out this fucking little bitch, George Stark.
- George Stark, you are a lying little bitch.
- My wife and I attend a funeral to pay our respects to an old friend and some toxic Brit writes this fucking trash.
We can’t blame for actor for getting upset, but it may serve him best in the future to simply ignore such nonsense.
Somewhere, George Stark is likely laughing all the way to Rupert Murdoch’s bank right now.
UPDATE: Baldwin has quit Twitter and fired his publicist in the wake of this outburst.
UPDATE: He has also issued an apology, which has been accepted by GLADD.