New details have emerged in the "mysterious" death of Leslie Carter, and it appears the 25-year-old sister of Nick and Aaron Carter died as a result of an overdose.
Three prescription drugs found near her body, according to the police report.
The report was taken by officials who responded to the 911 call. The three prescription bottles found were Olanzapine, used to treat schizophrenia and/or bipolar disorder, the muscle relaxant Cyclobenzaprine, and the anxiety medication Xanax.
Official autopsy results have yet to be released pending toxicology tests, but a source tells E! News that family members believe Leslie overdosed on pills.
Per the police report, Leslie's stepmother Ginger found Leslie Carter's unresponsive body around 4:10 p.m. on January 31 and immediately dialed 911.
Leslie and her daughter (she was estranged from her on-again, off-again husband) were living with her father, Robert, in Buffalo and, a source says.
There, she had been trying to wean herself off her medication.After her body was found, Robert performed CPR, though Leslie was ultimately pronounced dead at the hospital at 4:59 p.m. According to Ginger, Leslie "seemed okay in the morning but at times seemed depressed just by the way she was talking."
Earlier that day, Ginger said Leslie had fallen in the shower and proceeded to sleep through the afternoon while she cared for the 10-month-old baby.
Robert came home later that afternoon and found Leslie not breathing or responding. She was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead shortly after.
Incidentally, it was also noted in the police report that Ginger, while detailing these events, was also getting "progressively worse," with slurred speech and that authorities noted that she, too, appeared to "be overdosing on her medication."
She said she took an extra Xanax in the wake of her stepdaughter's death.