President Barack Obama enjoys a 59.4 percent job approval rating according to the latest national polls, compared to just 33.9 percent who say they disapprove.
You can consider Jon Voight firmly among those in the latter category.
The acclaimed actor and father of Angelia Jolie blasted the Prez at the GOP congressional fundraiser at the Washington Convention Center on Monday in D.C.
It was red meat at its best. In his speech, the 70-year-old said:
- “Everything Obama has recommended has turned out to be disastrous.”
- “Are we supposed to sitting and waiting, watching for the possibility of a new Holocaust? Who’s going to take the responsibility to keep America … I mean Israel, safe. I’ll tell you why this really scares the hell out of me.”
- “Obama really thinks he is a soft-spoken Julius Caesar.”
- “It saddens me greatly to think we were the great powerful good in the world. We as Americans knew America to be strong. We were the liberators of the entire world. We are becoming a weak nation.”
- “[Barack Obama] thinks he can conquer the world with his soft-spoken sweet talk and really think he’s going to bring all of the enemies of the world into a little playground, where they’ll swing each other back and forth.”
- “We and we alone are the right frame of mind to free this nation from this Obama oppression. Let’s give thanks to [Republicans] for not giving up and staying the course to bring an end to this false prophet, Obama.”
That about sums it up. Whose side are you on?