For the first time on Dancing with the Stars this season, contestants were split into two teams and performed a group dance last night.
But the excitement was significantly tempered due to the absence of Melissa Rycroft, who was forced to sit out this week with a hairline fracture of her rib.
“She received treatment today for her ribs, and there were complications,” a show representative said. “She’s resting, and we expect her back here tomorrow.”
This week’s edition of Dancing with the Stars was significantly less pretty without Melissa Rycroft on screen.
As for the results from the watered-down evening:
The score from the group dance was added to each tandem’s individual routines. Rycroft and Tony Dovolani were graded on rehearsal footage, while Team Tango – which was comprised of Lil Kim, Gilles Marini, Ty Murray and their partners – won the group face-off with a score of 28.
Here’s a rundown of each individual routine:
- Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke: 27 out of 30 for their lindy hop. 55 out of 60 total
- Lil’ Kim and Derek Hough: 28 out of 30 for their paso doble. 56 out of 60 total
- Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough 26 out of 30 for their cha-cha. 51 out of 60 total
- Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas: 27 out of 30 for their samba. 52 out of 60 total
- Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani: 21 out of 30 for their jive. 46 out of 60 total
- Ty Murray and Chelsie Hightower: 24 out of 30 for their salsa. 52 out of 60 total
Who do you think should be eliminated this week?