Skip to Content

Paramedics who first attended to Heath Ledger tell the NYPD the scene looked “normal” – meaning it appeared as if no illicit drug use had occurred.

As we reported earlier, the rolled $20 bill found at the scene tested clean for illegal narcotics, and the numerous pill bottles were nearly full.

With the initial autopsy inconclusive, the exact cause of Ledger’s death will be determined by the toxicology results – in the next two weeks.

According to TMZ, nearly full pill bottles containing the anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan) were found. The sleeping medication Zoplicone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) – which is used by people with “debilitating insomnia” – were found as well.

All of the drugs were prescribed to Heath Ledger.

Meanwhile, Heath’s ex-fiancee, Michelle Williams, arrived in Brooklyn last night. Williams was carrying their two-year-old daughter Matilda.

Heath Ledger (1979-2008) had just finished filming The Dark Knight.

The NYPD has released a new timeline events pertaining to how Heath’s body was discovered and Mary-Kate Olsen’s connection to him. Follow the jump to read

  • The masseuse who found Ledger’s body called Mary-Kate Olsen twice before dialing 911.
  • When Ledger’s housekeeper entered his bedroom around 1 p.m. on Tuesday, she found him in bed, face down, and snoring.
  • Ledger’s masseuse arrived at 2:45 and called his cell phone at 3 p.m. When he did not answer, she entered the bedroom and set up her masseuse table.
  • The New York Times reports, “She then went over to him and shook him, but got no response. Using his cellphone, she used a speed-dial button to call Mary-Kate Olsen in California to seek her guidance, knowing Olsen to be a friend of Mr. Ledger’s.”
  • The masseuse told Olsen that Ledger was unconscious, according to authorities cited by the paper.
  • Olsen called private security people. After the masseuse made a second call to Olsen, she called 911.
  • The masseuse’s efforts to revive Heath Ledger were not successful.
  • Emergency responders and the private security guards arrived at 3:33 p.m. CPR was administered and a defibrillator was employed but Ledger was unresponsive.