We hope you're sitting down for this, but Jenelle Evans says she is not a role model and shouldn't be anyone's idol. Truer words have never been spoken.
In response to a tweet from 16 and Pregnant star Ashley Salazar saying that Jenelle is her idol, she responded, "Really I shouldn't be anyone's idol."
Honestly. Props to Jenelle Evans. Prayers for Ashley Salazar.
Showing surprising self-awareness, the troubled Teen Mom 2 star added, "well I mean until my life is stable then people can idolize me but noooo."
Well put, considering her track record. In 2013 alone ...
- Jenelle Evans went to rehab, again, for substance use (February).
- She was accused of doing heroin and causing her miscarriage.
- She took bad influence Courtland Rogers back, briefly (March).
- She was arrested for assault and heroin possession (April).
- She was arrested for missing court in her cyberstalking case (May).
- She was hospitalized for various reasons (June and July).
- She was arrested for failing a drug test (August).
Yeah. It's good to know she's at least cognizant of the fact that this is not behavior anyone should look up to ... though she has a long way to go yet.
Starting with being a better role model for one person alone - her oft-forgotten son Jace, who's been raised by her mom, Barbara Evans, for years.