Kate Middleton is in labor, Great Britain is on edge... and Twitter may explode before the day is through.
Indeed, while British Prime Minister David Cameron says this news marks a "very exciting occasion" and that the nation is "hoping for the best," other social media messages get more to the funny point of such crazy coverage.
"The Starbucks at St Mary's hospital in London has turned into a working international newsroom!" Tweeted ABC correspondent Amy Robach soon after Kate was admitted.
Adds British comedy star and writer Peter Serafinowicz: "Royal babies are tricky to deliver because of the whole silver spoon thing."
Among other notable Tweets:
- The DM Reporter: Pippa Middleton denies trying to upstage her sister as she arrives at hospital in sheer black thing.
- Piers Morgan: PREDICTION: A boy, called George, weighing 8lbs 2oz #MysticMorgan.
- Chrissy Teigen: This isn't your baby Kate. Apparently it is our baby. All of us.
- Snooki: Push girl, pushhhhhh ! #KateMiddleton #RoyalBaby #excited"
- Kate Gosselin: WE FEELHONORED! RT @franciepants3: @Kateplusmy8 saw on CNN..calling royal baby watch 'Will and Kate Plus 1' Wonder how they thought of that?
- Melanie Brown: Whoop whoop the royal baby is comming