In the aftermath of the n-word scandal that got Paula Deen fired by Food Network, the embattled chef wants to clear the air once and for all.
She offered a second video apology for using racial slurs in the past, and issued a statement thanking the channel for 11 "great years" on TV.
Said Paula Deen in her statement released to CNN:
"I have had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country and meeting people who have shared the most touching and personal stories."
"This would not have been possible without the Food Network."
"Thank you again. Love and best dishes to all of ya'll."
The mea culpa was too little too late for the network, which announced that Deen would not be returning following a bizarre video statement Friday afternoon.
This morning, Deen's hour of programming was already yanked from the channel.
Deen came under fire after admitting last month under oath in a lawsuit deposition to using racial slurs, including the n-word, in the past.
After bailing last minute from a scheduled appearance on Today to address the scandal, Deen released a video "apology" on YouTube.
That video (below) was so poorly received that only made the situation first. She then posted a second (above), but the damage was done.
"Your color of skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me," the 66-year-old Deen said in the follow-up apology video.
"I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press say that we are. I've spent the best of 24 years to help myself and others."
"I am here to say that I am so sorry. I was wrong, yes. I've worked hard and I've made some mistakes. But that is no excuse."
Sources say the fallout from the discrimination lawsuit filed against her, along with her management's clumsy damage control, left Food Network no choice.
The first apology video - in which she appears to be reading from a script and stumbling over vague, non-compelling words - was the final straw.
Talk to THG: Would you fire Paula Deen?