Texas Chainsaw 3D sliced and diced its box office competition over the weekend, bringing in $23 on Friday and Saturday and taking Hollywood's top spot.
Django Unchained fell 33 percent from its opening weekend, dipping to just under $21 million and falling to second place.
It's on pace to out-earn Inglorious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino’s previous highest grossest film.
Here is a look at the very diverse top five from the year's first weekend of box office receipts:
- Texas Chainsaw 3D: $23 million
- Django Unchained: $20.8 million
- The Hobbit: $17.5 million
- Les Miserables: $16.1 million
- Parental Guidance: $10.1 million